Return to Jesus: A Lenten Silent Retreat
Befriending Jesus and being befriended by Jesus on life’s journey
Friday, March 27, 5:30 pm to Sunday, March 29, 2 pm – WORKSHOP IS NOW FULL. REGISTRATION CLOSED.
- Seeing Jesus’ humanity reflected in ours, and ours reflected in His
- Experiencing Jesus’ embrace of weakness and suffering, and of us
- Recognizing the beauty in brokenness – both the world’s, and our own
- Receiving God’s invitation to be His companion in places of pain and frustration
SILENCE is like a container that holds the space necessary to quiet our souls and gently move us from a busy life into an inner openness to the movement of the Spirit. Together we will journey into silence through shared contemplative experiences and personal time apart. This retreat is suitable for those who are new to silence as well as those who desire to deepen their practice of silence. Guidance will be offered to support your times of personal solitude and silence.
DATE/TIME: Friday, March 27, 5:30 pm to Sunday, March 29, 2 pm
LOCATION: Carmel Hill, Little Flower Monastery, 10789 N Deroche Rd, Deroche, BC
COST: $325.00 Includes 6 meals.
ACCOMMODATION: Private room with washroom.
Spaces are limited. Register Early!
- Gathered times to encounter Jesus through scripture meditation, imaginative prayer, contemplative prayer, imagery, poetry and music
- Personal time for rest, prayer, reflection, journaling, walks, etc
- Times of listening and being listened to by fellow pilgrims on the soul journey
- Options for creative expression to help you go deeper in your journey with Jesus
- Individual spiritual direction (optional)
- Silence is observed after Friday supper until before Sunday lunch
FACILITATORS: SoulStream partners, John Lunn and Mei Chang are both trained and experienced spiritual directors and retreat facilitators.
All proceeds go to SoulStream Initiatives, a non-profit organization that seeks to support the contemplative lifestyle and encourage others to live authentically with Jesus.
After completing the online registration form below, you will be directed to Paypal where you may pay using your Paypal account or any major credit card.
WORKSHOP IS NOW FULL. REGISTRATION CLOSED.