Lenten Weekend Retreat 2019
Opening to God in Silence: A Lenten Weekend Retreat
Friday, March 8, 5:30 pm to Sunday, March 10, 2 pm – WORKSHOP IS NOW FULL. REGISTRATION CLOSED.
Contemplative teacher Thomas Keating is famous for saying, “Silence is God’s first language; everything else is a poor translation.” During our time together, we will practice and explore silence in a supportive, community setting. There will be opportunities to learn about the practice of silence to enhance your practice during and after the weekend. Of course, there will be plenty of time for silence as you linger with God while you eat, sleep and relax.
DATE/TIME: Friday, March 8, 5:30 pm to Sunday, March 10, 2 pm
LOCATION: Carmel Hill, Little Flower Monastery, 10789 N Deroche Rd, Deroche, BC
COST: $325.00 Includes 6 meals. Please bring your own snacks.
ACCOMMODATION: Private room with washroom.
Spaces are limited. Register Early!
- During Friday supper (6pm) and Sunday lunch you are welcome to get to know one another and enjoy conversation.
- Silence is observed after supper Friday until before lunch Sunday
- Three group sessions. Sessions will provide possible prayer practices that could be used during the weekend.
- Individual spiritual direction session (optional)
- Reminder: The retreat will be during Lent and we will incorporate this into the weekend. Don’t let this be a hindrance to your participation if Lent is not a part of your spiritual practice.
- Morning and evening prayers from the Celtic Book of Prayer
- Closing communion and group sharing
FACILITATORS: SoulStream partners, Marcia Fretheim and Rod Janz are both trained and experienced spiritual directors, retreat leaders and prayer and meditation teachers.
All proceeds go to SoulStream Initiatives, a non-profit organization that seeks to support the contemplative lifestyle and encourage others to live authentically with Jesus.
After completing the online registration form below, you will be directed to Paypal where you may pay using your Paypal account or any major credit card.
WORKSHOP IS NOW FULL. REGISTRATION CLOSED.