What is the nature of the search? you ask.
Really it is very simple, at least for a fellow like me; so simple that it is easily overlooked.
The search is what anyone would undertake if he were not sunk in the everydayness of his own life. This morning, for example, I felt as if I had come to myself on a strange island. And what does such a castaway do? Why, he pokes around the neighborhood and he doesn’t miss a trick.
To become aware of the possibility of the search is to be onto something. Not to be onto something is to be in despair. The movies are onto the search, but they screw it up. The search always ends in despair. . . .
What do you seek— God? you ask with a smile.
I hesitate to answer, since all other Americans have settled the matter for themselves and to give such an answer would amount to setting myself a goal which everyone else has reached— and therefore raising a question in which no one has the slightest interest. Who wants to be dead last among one hundred and eighty million Americans? For, as everyone knows, the polls report that 98% of Americans believe in God and the remaining 2% are atheists and agnostics— which leaves not a single percentage point for a seeker. For myself, I enjoy answering polls as much as anyone and take pleasure in giving intelligent replies to all questions.
Watching this video, this sounds like exactly what I’m looking for. With my Spiritual Director, I articulated this recently….and I’m on a quest, have been for a while.
Are there any pre-requisites for registering for Living from the Heart on Bowen Island?
Thanks for your comment, Lindi.
I think our Administrator has contacted you, but for the benefit of other readers:
There are no academic prerequisites for SoulStream’s Living from the Heart course.
Please see the “Living from the Heart Course Dates” page (https://soulstream.org/courses/living-from-the-heart-course-dates/) for details, PDF brochure and application, and online application form.